Old January 30th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
David

Default Update: turnstyle board

In October I was thinking about buying a turnstyle balance board on
ebay, and posted here asking about it.

We had a discussion that led to talk of longboard skateboards, and the
snowboard-like Freebord in particular. Which is starting to look more
tempting as we continue to not get much snow.

Anyway I got a Turnstyle board and I thought I'd post a follow up.
It's a lot of fun, and it seems well made. Will it improve my
snowboarding? Don't know. It's not gonna hurt. Might help keep up the
endurance. It also might help me learn to ride switch. I can't ride it
regular foot at all, and I suspect if I learn to use the Turnstyle
left foot forward I'll be more comfortable riding that way on a
snowboard.

Anyway if it looks like something you'd enjoy, you probably will.