Old January 18th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,alt.rec.hiking,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.backcountry
JS

Default Canada Topo/Ski Maps

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys. I will go skiing/skimountaineering in Canada in Febraury and
I'm wondering which are the best maps for trekking/skiing in that
area. I'm referring to 1:25,000 (1cm=25,000cm) scale or 1:50,000.

Thank you very much

You might find the Backroad Mapbook handy to find trailheads and stuff like
that.
You can probably order backcountry maps from Parks Canada or some other
organization.
The Canadian Rockies are extensively travelled in the winter, there might
even be a message board pertaining to just that. (other than this one.)