Old May 10th 05, 09:12 AM
ant

VtSkier wrote:

Ah yes, sole wear. A number of boots have replaceable parts or
complete toe and heel pieces. Many of the SureFoot boots have
this feature of complete toe/heel replacement. A few other
brands have a replaceable wear plate. Some, most notably
Salomon, have no replaceable parts.

Jeez I hope my Atomics soles are replaceable, as they are completely rooted.
I have had 2 full sesaons on them; in Oz the walk to/from the locker room
was mainly over snow, in the US it was a longish hike across the village. in
my last couple of weeks, I grabbed the boots off the boot dryer by their
heels, and the black parts moved! They are screwed on so I'm assuming they
are replaceable.

I never got to test my bindings' release capabilities this season, somewhat
to my shame.

ant