Old February 25th 05, 05:29 AM
Camilo

Default kick zone question

Looking at a pair of nice classic skis for my daughter from a reputable shop
and the kick zone ends a couple inches in front of the heel. Ski is an
Atomic RC11 (a ski which I have and am very happy with).

Marked flex is correct for weight (according to mfg. guidelines). More
importantly, "paper test" by competent tech. indicates a good fit for her
weight and skiing ability in terms of 1/2 weight, full weight and weight on
ball of foot. I think this is a decent fit for this ski.

Length of kick zone is about the right length (forget what it is exactly,
but it's not extremely short or anything like that). But I'm a little
uncomfortable because the zone ends a full two inches in front of the heel
of the boot. I've only had a couple of good quality striding skis, and it
seems to me the paper test measured zone ends up right around the heel.
I've adjusted kick zones with on snow testing and sometimes find it pays to
decrease it a little in front of the heel, so that is a little comforting.

Do you think this is strange, or just something to take into account when
waxing?

Cam