Old November 23rd 03, 08:42 PM
phil

Default Obstacles in travelling with double board bag

A happy Pom is a rare thing. It should be encouraged!
Only every 37 years or so.

Board bags. I've never had a problem, including flying through some places
which you might not expect to be particularly board friendly. Presumably
it's critically dependent upon the airline and your attitude. Heathrow's
usually full of people from down under with surf boards and stuff, and I
don't think they have much trouble.

Things to watch out for (some obvious):
- don't leave anything unattended for a minute, especially in the uk as
it'll get blown up by the security guys or stolen by someone else
- some airports either have no trolleys or they charge for them... wheelie
bags are best
- some countries taxis aren't big enough for boards
- there's not much snow in Singapore
- you'll usually have to check your bag in an "outsized baggage" place;
they don't generally fit down the standard conveyors
- some places your board will appear in a different place from everybody
else's kit
- baggage handlers will try to tear the handles off your bag

phil