Old November 19th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ollie Clark

Default OT in some locations: New skis

wrote:
Jérémy wrote:
(x-posted to ukrm in case no-one uses the ski groups any longer)

With great sadness I think I'm going to have to give up my old X-Screams.
The bases remain as indestructible as ever, but the gimmicky shock
absorbers on top are leaking some horrible sticky black substance.

I have taken no notice of current ski trends for several years, and I
have no idea what is on offer these days, so I'm looking for suggestions
to narrow the field.

I am 179cm and weigh 76kg.

Lol, this is scary! I almost thought I wrote this and forgot I did.
Same problem here, same goo. Terrible stuff it is, like tar.
Put your skis on your shoulder and your clothing is ruined.

Erk, hope the same thing doesn't happen with my Scream 10 Pilots. Had
them over ten years now and they're still better than anything else I've
tried since. They're meant to be a piste ski but they even work (for me)
in deep powder. Much better than the B2s I hired a while back specially
for off piste. :-/

Reading it with interest. I see I have to drop 3 kg to match up

I'll need to eat 6 kilos of burgers. And grow a few centimetres. :-)

Cheers,

Ollie