Old November 16th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default OT in some locations: New skis

Jérémy wrote:
(x-posted to ukrm in case no-one uses the ski groups any longer)

With great sadness I think I'm going to have to give up my old X-Screams.
The bases remain as indestructible as ever, but the gimmicky shock
absorbers on top are leaking some horrible sticky black substance.

I have taken no notice of current ski trends for several years, and I
have no idea what is on offer these days, so I'm looking for suggestions
to narrow the field.

I am 179cm and weigh 76kg.

Lol, this is scary! I almost thought I wrote this and forgot I did.
Same problem here, same goo. Terrible stuff it is, like tar.
Put your skis on your shoulder and your clothing is ruined.

Reading it with interest. I see I have to drop 3 kg to match up

jorg