Old November 12th 04, 02:53 AM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

(Richard M) wrote in message om...
H. R. Bob Hofmann wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:
Well, I bought a new pair of Marmot Randonee gloves last night, to
replace the pair I lost last season (actually, I'm not sure if those
were Randonee or Piste). I was considering the Marmot Ultimate Ski
gloves, but I didn't like the fit on those for me. Also the Black
Diamond Guides. But both the Ultimate and Guides are $150, which really
is pricey.

Also picked up a new Marmot windshirt, to replace another thing I lost
last season. Geez, it was really a bad year for losing stuff.

Does anybody know if Marmot's quality has declined, since they moved all
their manufacturing to China?

Dave

Just so I know how to NOT do it, how did you lose a shirt? Gloves
ok,-- but a shirt?

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Don't laugh. Some of us have "help" when it comes to losing stuff. I
had packed my favorite turtlneck and fleece pants along with some
other dirty clothes in a plastic bag inside my suitcase which was
otherwise filled with clean clothes and gear for the trip home. My
ever-so-impatient wife decided I wasn't unpacking fast enough and took
the bag out to the trash, assuming that I would naturally pack garbage
in my luggage. sigh

I hope Marmot's quality won't suffer, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sorry, but I had to laugh :-) My wife of over 45 years knows I am
liable to put anything anywhere, and almost always check before stuff
gets the heave-ho.

Bob Hofmann