Old December 20th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Melinda Shore

Default New midlength skis---glide as good as full-length?

In article ,
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
Are these short or midlength? It gets confusing.

I think it's a moving target. At the time I bought the
Fischers they were considered "shortcuts" (or at least
labeled as such by Fischer), and they were 183 cm, which is
definitely shorter than the 190-195cm I usually take (I weigh
118 lbs.). The Rossis are 165 cm and were early version of
the "backcountry" skis that have gotten so popular.

I'm also shopping for a light touring ski right now, and I'm
sort of leaning towards one of the Madshus touring line, or
maybe the Fischer Superlight, which is easier to find.