Old February 7th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
nicotine

Default Snowboard bag - leave bindings attached?

On Feb 7, 1:32 pm, "James Varty" wrote:
I'm going over to France for a week on Sunday, flying over with a new board
(I've never owned one myself before). The board is a Yukon Ride163 and the
bag is quite a basic burton one to accomodate boards up to 166. I have flow
bindings.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what else to pack in the snowboard bag. Should I
leave the bindings attached? Is it advisable to surround the board with my
jacket / trousers etc for added protection on the flight? What do most
people do? I'm flying from Cardiff, UK with a budget airline.

When I flew with my snowboard last, I followed the suggestions I read
somewhere (either here or a random website) - namely, packing my
snowboarding clothes in the bag to increase the amount of padding, and
getting two 6 foot pieces of pipe insulation to protect the edges from
impacts. Worked wonders - everything arrived in one piece just fine.
I left the bindings attached, as I have a roomy board bag, and the
boot pocket on the bag increased the stability to where I wasn't
worried about impacts directly onto the bindings.

Cheers

James

Brandon