Old November 4th 04, 05:44 AM
Scott Elliot

"Tim Akers" wrote in message
news:000901c4c1f1$dcce4040$6401a8c0@oxfordnetworks .net...
How about Look Contact bindings.
Is there even one pair still intact out there?

Tim

I used the Contact bindings and considered them better than the Salomon SNS
bindings I had been using before. They had a mechanical hinge instead of
the flexible plastic that was either part of the binding in the SNS system
or part of the boot in previous systems such as NN 50 mm and Adidas.

Rotefella then came up with a better idea when they put the pin of the hinge
on the boot and made the clasp of the hinge part of the binding. This was
an improvement in that the rubber bumper was more efficient and more durable
and the attachment of the boot to the binding more secure and easier to
engage. Salomon then copied the NNN structure for their Profile bindings.

I consider the Look Contact bindings to be an incremental improvement rather
than a bad idea. However the plastic rubber bumpers in the Contact system
that were always either breaking down or getting lost were not very well
thought out.

Scott