Old March 2nd 04, 03:58 AM
Dmitry

Default using digital camera on the mountain

"Mike M. Miskulin" wrote

targets on the snow. Snow usually throws their metering off
and they overexpose like crazy.

Thnk you mean underexpose. Meters want to make everything neutral
grey.

Yes!

A polarizer will help with the sky and a neutral density filter
should keep you from situations where the snow is just too fast
for the camera.

Umm.. Filters.. Ok, this narrows the camera selection even more,
because not many consumer p&s have filter threads.

As for zoom.. depends what you are taking.. if you are more
or less setting shots up than you can probably position yourself
close enough for the lower power zoom.

I'm leaning to just getting a new ultra-small camera like Optio S
or PowerShot S400. Looks like there's nothing there on the market
that offers substantially more in small-sized cameras as far as
qualities I'm interested in. Staged shots, pre-focusing and
exposure compensation. Ugh!

I was kinda hoping to get a camera that will also be useable for
picturing kitesurfing, but that definitely requires a very big
zoom, so looks like Panazonic FZ1 or FZ10 would be my summer camera..