Old July 29th 05, 10:51 PM
Brent Harsh

lal_truckee wrote:
Bunter wrote:
Which are the 'not to be missed' resorts and which ones are of less
interest?

We drive out for a short (10-14 days) tour every once in a while (it's
hard to leave Tahoe, but we make the sacrifice.) The best skiing is
Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, not in that order. The rest are forgetable,
and specialize in tourist hollidays, not in skiing. You can stay cheap
in numerous motels at the mouth of the canyons and daytrip up the
canyons no sweat.

Several years ago, I stayed with a group of friends in a small
non-descript condo at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon and it
was the best skiing and the cheapest stays I've ever had on a ski
trip. One of my all-time favorites. Only bad thing was that the
snow was so great, they closed the slopes *and* the road one
afternoon around 3. They finally dug out the avalanche around
2AM and bussed us all back down the mountain - wouldn't let us
take the cars! And *I* didn't make it back up there for what was
surely an epic next day... argh! There was almost 5 feet of new
powder over the week that we were there and I've never seen
anything like it since.

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner \ / NO to HTML in email and news.