Old October 28th 03, 12:24 AM
Alex Heney

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:22:40 +0000, Dave J wrote:

In inside of
uk.net.news.config, 'Don Aitken' wrote:

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:45:34 +0100, "Ali Hopkins"
wrote:

"BrritSki" wrote in message

I remember Chankel relating what a bunch of arses there were in unnc.

That remark ensures a few yes votes. Including mine.

And people are criticising me for saying I'll vote no?

Voting Yes on an uncontroversial group like this is much less
obnoxious than voting No.

You can't have less than "not at all".

The worst result of an unnecessary 'Yes' vote is an empty group that
gets removed later.

That is simply not true.

The worst results is that we finish up with no viable groups, where we
currently have one.

The worst result of a pointless 'No' vote is that
some people are denied the place of comunication that they desire. I
know which I prefer.

Is there really any evidence that there are a significant number of
people who would subscribe to the new group, but are not already
subscribed to rsre.

I must admit, I will be surprised if this actually gets enough votes
from people who would use it, even if you ignore the "no" votes.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Why did Kamakazie pilots wear helmets???

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom