Old November 17th 04, 06:45 PM
Dmitry

"Mary Malmros" wrote

Most people you see on the SX:11 aren't using them for any kind of competition; they just want a high-performance ski. What I've
heard is that the SX:11 is the SL:11 with a slightly non-FIS-compliant sidecut. The difference between 7, 9, 11 in Atomics is
basically stiffness/beefiness/construction. The lower the number, the more forgiving the ski; the higher the number, the bossier
the ski. From having skied a bunch of Atomics, I know where I like to be on their flex scale, but I think it's best to ski on at
least one pair (probably the 9) to get a reference point, rather than relying on a verbal description.

I have SX:9, so I know what the difference with SX:11 is. The titanium
rods in the B-profile in SX:11, carbon fiber in SX:9, and the base in
SX:11 is better than on 9. SX:11 is mighty stiff.

I'm curious as to how it compares with other skicross offerings: head
xrc, dynastar skicross 10, etc. I'll be able to compare with head - a
friend has one in the same size as my SX:9 (170).