Old February 3rd 04, 04:22 PM
Rodney/SkiWax.ca

Default Toko Iron temperature?

Ah-ha, now I understand why you are asking.
The current Toko irons (and for several years) have
the temperature marked on the dial instead of the 1-5 scale.
Your e-address looks US so I'll list it in deg F.

5 -- MAX

Rodney

Matt Locker wrote:

It would be great if I could just say "I set my iron to 75C."
Unfortunately Toko irons aren't marked in degrees, they are marked on a
scale from (I believe) 5-10. It's not very informative. I purchased a
wood-stove thermometer a few years ago to try to get a guage on the
temperature/scale relationship but it's not accurate enough to give me
any real information on the temperature. I guess I need a thermocouple
I can attach to my multimeter.

Any other ideas.

MOO,
Matt

Griss wrote:

I use a Holmenkol iron with degrees C markings 8-). Temps range from
around
75C for warm waxes to around 115 C or so for CH4, Start Green, Toko Cold
Powder, etc. All of these temps are quite a bit less than recommended on
the wax package, but the wax melts and doesn't smoke so what the heck.

Griss.

"Matt Locker" wrote in message

While waxing my skis yesterday & trying to decide if my iron temp
was set too high, too low, or just right, I got to thinking "what do
others on the RSN set their TOKO irons at?"

So, would anyone here tell me the setting on your TOKO iron for (eg)
Toko LF Red, LF Blue, Hydro, whatever wax you use. I've been using Toko
waxes for a while now so that's my baseline.

Just curious,
Matt