Old October 23rd 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
davethedave

Default Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:41:37 +0000, platypus wrote:

'Hog wrote:
platypus wrote:
Steve Parry wrote:
"boots" wrote in message
s.com...
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:36:15 +0100 in uk.rec.motorcycles, The Older
Gentleman says:

DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

There are other more interesting and expensive pastimes to eat up
the cash.

Scuba is more than capable of being a cash sink for example

I got involved in a lunchtime discussion about skiing, about 20 years
ago when I was spending my disposable on pottering about in little
aeroplanes.
"Do you ski, Richard?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Not expensive enough."

I don't think it is expensive at all. My Columbia Titanium kit has
lasted 8 years so far. Boots are about 6 years old and Volkl titanium
skis are giving years of service.

So it comes down to accommodation. In (for instance) Trois Valee you
can go from a few tens of squids a night in a La Tania bunkhouse to
several hundred in a Courchevel 1850 palace. I've tried both, the
former was a better Beano as it happened.

And if you are really pikey, pack some skins and forget the lift pass.

I've never skied in my life, so most of what you've said is just
funny-looking words.

From what information I have gleaned from various sources regarding this
mysterious skiing thing. There are two main conditions.

1. On Piste - this is the slopy bit with the white stuff.
2. Off ****ed - what happens later.

If you never have been too interested in the cold I just miss out step 1
and proceed to step 2.
--
davethedave