Old January 2nd 05, 02:07 PM
Steve Haigh

IANDAYUS99 wrote:
Went to Sameon end of march 2002 and you have to walk or drive everywhere in
Sameon, no nightlife or apres ski at all, no snow at all in the village . Snow
conditions at mid station ok in morning but slush in PM

I don't know where you normally go, but I've found I have to walk in
every ski resort I've been to.

Samoens is a fairly compact litte town, once you've parked in the main
car park everything is within a few minutes walk. It is very low in
altitude, hence no skiing to the village and the lack of snow in town,
and the lift accesses some very reliable skiing. The mid-station you
talk about is, I assume, the top of the gondola or Samoens 1600. Either
way it is not a mid station, it is the base as far as skiing is
concerned - you can only ski a couple of very short beginers runs down a
100m or so from there. Hence you'd expect it to get slushy in the
afternoon, especially in late March.

It might not be what you'd expect from a ski resort if you are used to
places like Val or the 3 valleys, but it is a great place to stay with
great skiing.