Old December 4th 04, 07:40 PM
foot2foot

"BrritSki" wrote in message

foot2foot wrote:

Way. I can see what you mean by the difference. I'm not sure that anyone
ever did a pure stem though or the results would have been as you say,
arse over tit. I would guess that most people did some combination of
the stem and the wedge naturally to avoid this, but I'm not an
instructor and I learnt a long time ago in Italy so it's hard for me to
remember.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to buy you and Dave M a beer apres ski.
Or would that be an ale?

Either.

If you want, I could dig up a 1930's explanation of how the
stem turn is/was done. A lot of instructors don't really know
or think about the difference.

No. Please don't.

Sadly enough, I probably will end up doing this sooner or later.

BTW, I think you misunderstand why I and others have a go at you. It's
not because I necessarily think that everything you say is wrong. It is
good to see someone post about ski technique and argue their case. The
problem is that you are so dogmatic and long-winded and don't understand
or won't accept some widely accepted facets of physics and statistics.

Have some fun skiing if there's any snow near you. My daughter is having
fun in Val d'Isere this weekend and I'll be kicking off my season next
weekend in Verbier.

Thanks for the input and the vote of confidence Britt. See you
on the white.