Old February 12th 04, 08:00 PM
Chuck

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in
:

On 2004-02-10, Chuck penned:

Congrats.

Thank you!

I did my first single black this year. I too found it easier to make
the ski's turn on the steeper terrain though I didn't stop at all
between turns (except to help a fallen skier get his poles back). I'll
probably only get out 1 or 2 more days this season with this weekend
being one. I may try a double black on one of those trips. I do have
to wonder if a black in PA counts the same as a black anywhere else.

Congrats to you!

Which resort in PA?

Jack Frost. The trail was called Thunderbolt.

Off the top of my head, I seem to recall that Seven
Springs, Blue Knob, and Hidden Valley, not to mention Roundtop and Ski
Liberty, are all in PA, but they certainly aren't all the same in terms
of difficulty.

(Minuteman at Roundtop was my first ever blue.)

Sounds like you skied mostly in central PA, Harrisburg area.

I've skied several times at Roundtop and know the trail you're referring
to well. It was also my wife's first blue (last year). I think after
skiing at Bretton Woods NH, the blues in PA didn't look quite as
difficult to her any more. Of the trails I skied at Roundtop, I think
susqehanna was my favorite. It has a nice reverse camber turn, and the
lift it drops you off at was never crowded any time I skied there.

I think the only thing I can say with absolute confidence is that runs
in PA are pretty short. There's just not much vertical to work with.

That's why I usually go to Blue Mountain in the southern end of the
Poconos. It has the most vertical (1080ft) in PA, has several trails over
a mile long, and is only about 75 minutes from home.
--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email