Old February 12th 04, 05:29 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-02-12, Chester Bullock penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:

I tried that too. But the combined weight of my boot bag (with my
wife's boots in it) and my skis (which I am finding weigh a ton) made
that a one time decision. YMMV.

Boot bag?

I always just take the velcro straps on my boots, slap 'em together, and
put them over my shoulder. Instant "carrying device"! Easy to carry
two sets this way, too -- actually, it's probably better to carry two,
so that you're not tilting your shoulders. I was even able to ski down
the mountain once this way (long ago, and I don't recall why). The
shoulder straps from my backpack keep the boot straps from slipping.

The walk to the Breck lift still sucks, though. There must be some
secret to which I'm just not privy.

--
monique