Old October 30th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.backcountry
Two Buddha

Default Solitude - good deal when backcountry skiing?

Solitude is perhaps the best backcountry access of any lift served area in
Utah. Wonderful and marvelous. Make sure to lay tracks below any telemark
skiers, they are all assholes.

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com
"Sandi M." wrote in message
Me and some friends are going to SLC around 20. December for 2-3 weeks for
skiing/snowboarding.

As we wanna do some off-piste/backcountry skiing (is there a difference
btw? Is offpiste patrolled and backcountry not? Sorry, might be different
in Europe) and on a shoestring as well, we we're thinking about getting
the Deal at Solitude: 6 days for $36/each

So do you think it's worth it? I mean will we get an easy access to the
lifts when we ski down? Honeycomb? Or is it better to get single ride
tickets (I know they got those at Brighton)?
What about the other resorts around (even in the north like Powder
Mountain)? Does somebody have a better suggestion than Solitude?

Thanks, Sandi