Old January 19th 15, 04:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default More Northeast ski history

On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 8:35:38 AM UTC-8, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/19/15 8:20 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
There were no lift lines at Tuckerman's. There were also no lifts. The accommodations were a handful of open-front lean-to shelters scattered through the woods - bring your own sleeping bag. There was a small warming shelter wryly called Hojo's after the Howard Johnson's restaurants found all around New England. There was a separate cookshack with coin-operated gas stoves. A quarter would just about boil a pot of water. The parking lot was 2 miles down a trail cut through the woods in the style of the 30's - about two skiers wide. We were lucky on our trip - there was snow all the way down on our trip out after a couple of days playing in the bowls.

Did you see Toni Matt?

30 years too late.