Old March 3rd 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

Default Paging Ace

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:01:44 +0100, Ace wrote:

Jann has always had the knack, or more accurately the knowledge, of
finding the best snow around. He and Regis, who used to work together,
gained an unequalled reputation for solid instruction with the best
fun. Regis gave it up three or four year ago, but from all I've heard,
Dianne has picked up where he left off and continues to please.

She's a good instructor and is a lively fun character. Even more
interested in pointing out wildlife than Yann. Then testing us on it!

I was initially put into her group but after a couple of days I was
bumped up to Yann's group, which made me both pleased and nervous,
until I realized that the pace wasn't that different. Dianne then
proceeded to take the ****: "So now you've changed instructor you
never speak to me! You're too good for us, eh?"

Because of the numbers on the course, Yann also had another
instructor, Alain, to take a third group.

Hope you enjoyed it

Certainly did, was a little nervous at times though. There was some
stunning scenery on one leisurely run we did down the back of the
'main' ridge, with Mont Blanc to our right.

I didn't get to enjoy the delights of the Aujon, as I'd booked a
(very) basic studio apartment for both weeks. The comments of those
who did suggested that I hadn't missed much.

- next year maybe you'll feel up to a proper
mountain-guided trip?

I think that if I did do a guided trip I would probably want it to be
the second week of two.

Can one hire a guide for half a day or so and specify that one wants
to find some powder that's not too challenging, (Conditions
permitting, obviously) as a sort of warm-up/refresher?

--
-Pip