Old April 16th 04, 01:11 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

Default Skiing Chile - where to stay?

I am thinking of skiing somewhere in Chile for a few days in early
August. I considered Valle Nevado, but hotel rates gave me a bit of a
sticker shock: it looks like the cheapest rooms (Tres Puntas) go for
$400 per night, assuming 2 people. Does this sound right? Where do
regular folks stay when they ski Valle Nevado/La Parva/El Colorado?
Are things better down south (say, Termas de Chillan), and is there
anything worth skiing there (I've only heard of Portillo and Valle
Nevado, but that doesn't mean anything, of course)?

Any advice about skiing in Chile is appreciated.