Old January 5th 08, 10:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
rzfb0

Default Travel between Kitzbuhel (or Salzburg) and La Plagne

On Jan 3, 1:58 pm, Matt T wrote:
On Jan 2, 3:18 pm, wrote:

Hi,
Lucky me I have back to back ski hols booked in Kitzbuhel and La
Plagne.
Bad news is my flights don't work out so I need to know the fastest
and cheapest way to get from either Kitz (or Salzburg) to Plagne 1800
on a Saturday morning (1st March).
I know Aime la Plagne is on the rail network and you can get a train I
think from Salzburg but it's about 10 or 11 hours. Anyone got any
bright ideas?
Thanks.....Richard

I've a feeling that Plagne 1800 is actually on a different road than
the lower resorts, so the Aime station may not be your best bet in any
case. Someone more local might have a slightly better answer though -
I haven't been there in a while.

I do know for a fact that not all trains stop at that station - some
just deal with Moutiers and Bourg.

Car's probably going to be more pleasant in the end though.

Matt

Having checked Google maps it looks like it's 16 miles from Aime to
Plagne 1800
I guess train and taxi is looking favourite at the moment