Old October 24th 03, 09:03 AM
Steve

Default Chamonix Infos

Jim Hutton wrote:

Hollow laughs. Unless the hotel has its own minibuses (divide number of
guests by 8 and multiply by 20 or 30 to find the number of minutes before
you hit the bottom lift queue), or you can afford a taxi, you are at the
mercy of the worst bus service IN THE WORLD. See advice below.

It's not that bad, except in high season when it is over crowded. It's a
long way from being the worst bus service in the world.

I'm a telemark skier, and enjoy skiing red and black trails with the
occasional blue cruiser. Moguls are ok for a few runs, but I don't
want to ski them all day. Would I do better at Les Grande Montets, or
Le Brevent?

Chamonix is a few little ski areas totally unconnected. The only reason
anyone goes there (except by mistake) is for the off-piste at the Grands
Montets (lots of rave reviews on the net which will get you in the mood.

Well, the Flegere and Brevent are connected, for what it's worth. All
the main ski areas in the valley are worth a visit in their own right
and offer superb skiing in spectacular surroundings. The off piste on
the Brevent is superb and the skiing down from La Tour to Vallorcine is
worth a trip in it's own right if the conditions are good.