Old October 23rd 03, 05:21 PM
Steve Pardoe

Default Chamonix Infos

Hi, all,

"Marco Cattaneo" wrote in message
I have a couple of questions I hope
you kind folks can help me with. First of all, is it easier to take a
train or bus to Chamonix from Geneva airport?

Definitely the bus. By train you would have to cross Geneva by bus, then
take a very slow and infrequent train to Le Fayet, and then another even
slower train to Cham.

Well, you can get a train on the Swiss system (the Swiss train station is
right in the airport at GVA : use a ticket machine to save queuing) to
Martigny, may be direct or change at Lausanne. Then over the border to
Chamonix on the exciting metre-gauge train, again you may have to change at
le Chatelard (near the border) but it's all on one ticket. We're big fans
of Swiss railways.

HTH,

See http://www.pardoes.com/climbing/tourettes.htm and linked pages for some
travel details.