Old January 8th 08, 09:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

Default Recommendations for weeks skiing in April - learner

wrote in message
Hi

I'm trying to get my head around booking a skiing holiday.

I've never skiied before so am concerned about being fleeced!

As a first time skiier, I expect what I'm looking for is pretty
standard - flights (from London) to the destination, accommodation,
equipment hire, ski lift passes and teaching.

What I can't seem to find is anyone who can bring that all together
inclusive - it would be nice to be able to arrive and not have to
worry about sorting these things out. Is there an operator anyone
would recommend?

Also, I know April is getting a bit late for snow - is it best to head
for high altitude areas like Les Deux Alpes and Val Thorens?

Any tips gratefully received!

Hi whoever (names are nice)

Most of the big companies will offer a learn to ski package with their
holidays - this includes lift passes, ski lessons and equipment hire and
they charge less than the sum of the individual parts. Don't forget you
still have to buy/borrow the appropriate clothing. It's never that cheap,
but is reasonable competitive so simply shopping around should allow you to
get a good deal.

High altitude is a good idea (I'll add Tignes & Val d'Isere to you list,
others will have more places) but so is leaving it late and booking where
the snow is still in
good nick.

HTH

Paul S