Old February 23rd 07, 07:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Andrew Wright

Default Gooft Stance - Right Big Toe Hurts

"RigasMinho" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
Somehow whenever I snowboard in the goofy stance my right big toe
hurts because its being pushed more into the front of my boots more.

The more i "open" (placing the binding in a more open position) my
right foot binding the more my toes feels the pressure whenever i go
on my toe edge. Closing the binding more gets rid of the pain more
but its still there.

Any ideas on what to do?

Is it the boot size that is messing everything up? Do I have too
small / too big boots? BTW i wear Burton Hail 2006 - my sneaker size
is 9-9.5 and my boot size is 9.5.

Any advice on thsi would be great.

Do your feet actually move around inside the boot? If they do, the boot's
probably too big, but you also might not be lacing it tight enough. I think
a snowboard boot fits if you can feel the end of the liner with your toe all
the time, but there's no or very little pressure. When you're walking with
them loose, it may feel much too short - the boot should be comfortable to
ride in, but I consider walking secondary.

If you're sure the boot's the right size for you, you should try getting a
fancy footbed made. I have the budget-priced custom footbeds that go in a
microwave, and I love them. The footbed will help your foot stay in a more
stable, consistent position, so you'll move less in the boot. The support's
nice too.

Andrew