Old December 7th 03, 07:27 PM
John D

Default Remember Rossignol Quantum 808's ? Would like something similar.

I remember now that they where called "Quantum 808s" (by Rossignol).
Thanks if anyone can help me reproduce the great moments I had on those skiis.

(John D) wrote in message . com...
There was a period in my life where I owned a pair of "Rossignol
808s". They were white with weird black plastic tips (the "707s" where
red and the "909s" were black). This was around 1986 or so.

Does anyone remember this ski and can recommend a 2002-2003 ski that
is similar? They were very easy to ski on and I could do the steep
bumps without burning out my legs. They seemed to be really flexible
and could turn really nice at very slow speeds. I believe they were a
woman's ski which is fine for me since I have weenie leg muscles. I
can parellel ski pretty good.

I went on to Volkl all-terrain skiis and then to K2 Unlimiteds but
they both were way to fast for me and I spent most of my time standing
on the slope waiting for my leg muscles to stop burning. The only fun
skiing I had after that was when I went back and borrowed my old 808s
from the friend I had sold them to.

I'm *thinking* since I only ski 5-9 times a year, have weenie legs,
and I am 54 years old that I need a slow, tight turning ski.

TIA
John D