Old February 26th 04, 03:53 AM
Sharkie

Default Jump Mechanics?

"DC" wrote in message news:k_T_b.401243$na.772795@attbi_s04...
1. Ride flat to the jump

Not necessarily. I'm not saying approaching a jump flat is bad,
but I prefer to be slightly on my toe edge before the jump.
It's not a requirement, but it feels very stable doing so.

To approach the jump on the toe edge instead of approaching it
straight in the center, I do a line going from right of center,
to left of center just before the take off (I'm regular).
In other words I do a small toe side turn just before the take off.

Also, you have to be on an edge when you do rotational jumps
to get enough rotating momentum. Might as well start this way
with straight jumps.

2. Crouch down a bit
3. On lift off extend from crouch
4. Then raise your legs up to your chest

This is an optional style move. It's not required when you learn jumps,
but will give you style points later on.

5. Spot landing
6. Extend legs down to absorb impact, keeping them slightly bend
7. Land to the cheering throngs of people.

Is that right or wrong? I've also read on this board to not crouch down, but
stay straight up???

Absolutely! Crouching down will throw you off balance.