Old April 1st 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

Default Info on Zermatt

"Ace" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:57:11 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

Zermatt

See Web site - an International pass will include Cervinia. Take passport
if
returning via cable car - there are random checks!

I don't think so. Since both Italy and Switzerland are signatories of
the Schengen agreement, passports are not required to cross the
border.

I've been stopped twice. There is an office for the Caberini at the bottom
of the cable car that takes you back to Zermatt.

Once I did not have any proof of ID apart from a credit card, so I had to
wait whilst my details were entered on some log.

--
Michael Chare