Old February 12th 04, 02:48 PM
Richard Henry

Default Buying gear in US

"Mike T" wrote in message
news
1) I suspect the US stores are pressurised by the European
manufacturers not to sell gear to Europeans. Is this true, and will
paying cash at the store help?

Not at all. The store makes the same amount of money no matter who
they sell it to. One thing though, some of the European brands may not
be available is the US. For example you won't find Voelkl or F2 boards
in American stores. (But you'll find plenty of Voelkl skis!) Maybe a
handful of shops carry Nidecker. But Rossi and Salomon are all over the
place! (Waitaminute - did Adidas buy Salomon outright - if so I guess
they are American now).

Adidas is an American company? I thought they were German.