Old May 30th 13, 12:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default Long climbs in NJ revisited

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:32:41 PM UTC-4, runcyclexcski wrote:
Sunrise is highly recommended. Yes, it's not super steep, but it's well worth the drive. You can use speed reducers if it's too easy for you. Also, it can be skied downhill with some practice. Also, it's one-way going up, so, cars are not as scary (but you have to ski against traffic going down). I did pretty well at hill climb rollerski races after training at SRM every weekend for one summer. May be I can make the drive there one day (t's been ~10 years since I skied it) when I am in the area.

BTW where are you driving from? I can introduce you to a nice climb near Frederick, MD - you won't be disappointed .