Old May 22nd 13, 11:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jim[_3_]

Default Rollerskis: Placement of Wheels and Cutting Bindings...

Regarding cutting the binding, I'll bet you could do that reliably with a Dremel-type cutting wheel. It would produce a small-width cut that could be easily controlled: i.e. just take it slowly.

I've used a Dremel to shape some older bindings to fit newer boots. Not the same as cutting, but it worked really well for that application.

Regarding the NEED to be further back, I'm not sure I understand that one. If you put, as you indicate, the ratcheted wheel in the rear I would think moving the heal further back would just exacerbate one of the always quoted dangers of classic roller skiing: perfect grip even with imperfect technique.