Old March 5th 06, 09:31 PM

I've been very pleased to have some time skiing with Ken and Sharon in
Jura . That was my first "internet" encounter.
I expected to discuss a lot about technic, as Ken posted a lot on it.

But that was not the day for it : Although this is the best winter I
remember since mid 80's for cross country skiing in France (tons of
snow since mid-november, and counting.) we had the misfortune to ski on
the worst day of that winter. Rain, rain rain. The pity is there was
huge snowfalls less than 50 kilometers further north. There was a
strong cold/warm limite in the atmosphere and were on the wrong side.

So, yes Nanowax Cerax Pro4 was wonderful that day (along with Vandel
skis with "wet" pro-race bases).
I'm now confident to say that Pro 4 can't be beaten by anything on wet
snow. I had several experiences on races done in pairs together with my
brother who is putting fluoro powder : Glide was the same or better for
me, even though I'm lighter than him.

Skating in France had rapidly taken up over Classic and groomed trails
are always very wide. You'll see very few "fit" people doing Classic.
Although Classic is slightly fighting back thoses years. There is now a
50km classic event part of the Transjurassienne.
Jura may not be very well known, apart from the Transjurassienne, but
linked with the swiss part of Jura mountains this one the largest XC
ski area in Europe.

BTW, the term "Jurassic" derives from Jura moutains. But that
geological period was absolutely not a Dinosaurs period. More a clams
period. Less dramatic.

Laurent.