Old December 29th 05, 10:19 AM

LeeD wrote:
I suspect some fish stories on this thread.
Year's '97-98, I spent lots of time hanging with SierraAtTahoes ski
patrol and instructors.
EVERY oldtimer swore nothing worked short of changing every 3 hours.
Gortex, don't matter, none of that matters. Water leaks in thru the
seams, no matter what company.
Everyone miserable on 45 degree rainy days, they HAVE to be out
there, and doing it for years.
Remember, it's RAINY, not snowing.
You can dream how great your gloves are, but short of pure rubber
gloves, nothing keeps WATER out.

Gore-Tex IS waterproof, and it WILL keep the water out. Quality gloves
made with Gore-Tex are either seamtaped or use a one piece Gore-Tex
insert, so it can't leak in through the seams.

As I mentioned above, a lot of people forget that on rainy days, if you
have the gauntlet over your jacket sleeve like you normally would, your
sleeve will funnel water right into the inside of your glove. Way too
many people forget that and end up with wet hands.

My Outdoor Research gloves are completely waterproof. How do I know
that? I filled a bucket with ice water, put the gloves on, then held
them in the water for 30+ minutes. No leaks and my hands stayed warm
and dry. They haven't let my hands get wet on the slopes yet.