Old February 20th 15, 07:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Are my skis repairable?

On 2/20/15 5:13 AM, lonelyhour wrote:
The tip of my Volkl Alleys are pretty much destroyed, at least on the
right ski. I think its from doing nose presses and putting stress on the
tip, but the skis delaminated, are showing stress marks, and the base is
braking off/caving in. Should I follow through and repair them (seems
like it would be extremely difficult) or buy a nicer pair for an amazing
price?

Grab another pair at a swap or consignment or garage.
Skis are a consumer good - they don't last very long if you actually ski
on them.