Old February 22nd 10, 11:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_5_]

Default TV documentary on ski lift economics

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:51:56 +0000, (The Older
Gentleman) wrote:

Some people staying in other Go Montgenevre[1] properties went to SC for
a day's skiing. Said it was incredibly crowded[2] and there were too
many button lifts and not enough chairs.

I think they must have been in the wrong part of Serre Chevalier, I stayed there
last year. I agree there are many drags and one or two are necessary. But it
is easy to get around by chair lift in the central areas above Villeneuve and
Chantemerle. If you have never been to Serre Chevalier go in a quieter period
and you should enjoy it, I did. The most disappointing lift in Serre Chevalier
is "DMC Pontillas", most DMCs were built as the show piece lift in their resort.
This is one of the earliest and is very very slow,