Old February 21st 06, 11:13 PM

On 21 Feb 2006 15:40:55 -0800, wrote:

No, there isn't much difference between being 50th out of 54 or 50th
out of 75. Both results are bad either way you slice it. Those between
50 and 75 aren't Norwegians, Swedes, Finns, Germans, Italians etc.
They're Croatians, Slovenians, Turkish and so on. In other words,
nations with far less monetary resources than we have. We've had a
couple of decades of skiers placing in the 50s and a couple of decades
of sending skiers to the Olympoics or World Championships that have no
business being there.

Sara Renner of Canada placed way way back at the Nagano Olympics and
got Olympic and World Cup podiums this year.. Low placings alone are
not a sign of problem -- if the athlete is progressing and support is
available to help the athlete progress.

JFT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit