Old March 2nd 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

Default Piste map commentary - especially Val Thorens/Les menuires

On 2 Mar, 22:07, "mikecro" wrote:
I am taking my family to les menuires soon. Would be handy to have a guide
to the pistes beyond the standard map.
is there anything like this on the web?

Just something which said "yes, these are reds but they ski like blacks" or
"tricky for boarders" would be handy

eg I can volunteer Clair Blanc as a difficult red in Les Arcs

Mike

Hi Mike,

This year's Mad Dog Ski Guide (at least for Tignes) has a commentary
on what the pistes do. It's pretty tricky to give hard and fast rules
though because pistes have to be rated taking into consideration what
the snow might do throughout the season. What might be considered a
fairly easy blue in December can show it's true colours as an icy red
mogul field come the end of Jan.

Cheers,

Matt