Old March 3rd 06, 04:00 PM

Bitch Hill is about 42k in, with women dressed in outlandish costumes,
cheering you on, or Bitching at you, either method is effective, is a
fun "high point" of the race.

JW,

Thanks for the "breakdown" of your race. That is strange getting spun
out that way. My wax, I must say, has been without question awesome -
the Dragon wax, a French product from Joe G. However, this time, I was
hearing the noise about LF from the other companies, and I tried the LF
Dragon, for the first time, in a race, the Birkie. Woopsie. The HF
Dragon has never let me down. This LF Dragon, is not to be considered a
stand alone race wax, IMO. Perhaps it's intended only as a trainer wax,
or an underlayer for HF or for fluoros. At any rate, this snow was not
that different from last year, only it didn't warm up as fast, and I
had great skis on HF Dragon then, and that was going thru my mind the
whole time. Usually you think of fluoros as having a liability, and
LF's only liability maybe is that they don't have the lasting
durability of an HF, but most of the speed. The Dragon "fluoro"
component is truly different chemically, and it performs differently. I
found out the hard way that the LF also is different, and I found it to
be a bit of a liability. If ever there was a time for any LF to shine,
that would be it. I was thinking this would be the conservative play,
sort of an LF4. Live and learn. The HF Dragon is the race wax, and I'm
going to be on it tomorrow in our 30k CL Michigan Cup race @ Black Mtn
(Cheboygan, MI).