Old September 22nd 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike Clark[_2_]

Default OT in some locations: New skis

In message
BrritSki wrote:

Mike Clark wrote:
In message
BrritSki wrote:

[snip]
Yes but it's not a problem that I've seen associated with that many skis
that are popular with off-piste and ski-tourers e.g. Dynastar Legends or
Atomic R9s etc both of which I've personal experience of.

Ah, I was only referring to B2s.

Exactly! B2s could be really excellent off-piste ski-touring skis except
for one little issue.... (I think more recent models do have a protector
fitted as standard).

[snip]
restaurants / cafes ???? this does fit in with my concept of off-piste
ski-touring....

;-)

An old friend used to go ski-mountaineering in the mountains behind
Rieti (100 kms from Rome, but there's a ski resort at Terminillo where I
learned to ski)) with some of the local mountain men. They'd climb a
mountain somewhere and then ski down the other side until they came to a
village where they would find someone who would make them some pasta and
a phone (this is 30+ years ago before mobiles) where someone (female of
course in the world of macho men) would be called to drive round and
pick them up about 2 hours later after they'd eaten and drunk.
Doubt if you could do it today....

I've kind of achieved that. My friends wife doesn't ski so when we're
at his chalet in Le Buet we frequently do day tours and arrange for her
to kindly come and collect us.

Mike
--
o/ \\ // |\ ,_ o Mike Clark
\__,\\ // __o | \ / /\, "A mountain climbing, cycling, skiing,