Old December 13th 04, 09:42 AM
David Brown

Reposted as I believe Bruce may have plonked you.

Ace

I'm currently going though the same dilema - as I use Approach ski for
touring - they are fitted with only the front binding of the Dynafit
Tourlite - which is then combined with specially adapted soft snow board
boots that have the Dynafit binding lugs in the front of the boots -
anyway
cut a long story short, they were fine on the first trip of the season,
with
thermo liners etc - and then touring in May they gave me seriously bad
blisters - plus soft boots, when you're ascending some tricky technical
sections do not have the support - hence I'm now looking to change my
setup,
and switch like a few others to Alpine Touring Boots - my options being
Dynafit or one Scrapa design - see
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/sho... 396be21818078
for a good selection for AT Boots - obviously I will not buy over the Net
as
my feet are tres weird and there is no logic in one manufactureres sizes
and
anothers - but I'm in Les Houches for New Year - so will suss things out
then, but on ringing around a few shops in Chamonix in advance, their
selection is limited - there is alsways Italy through the tunnel, so if
any
one knows of a shop for AT kit please advise !

Regards

WC