Old June 10th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Dan

Default Fritschi/Naxo Freeride bindings--- anyone using either?

wrote:
Howdy!

Just wondering if anyone is using either the Fritschi Diamir Freeride
Plus or the Naxo Prinzzess Freeride A/T bindings. I've always had
traditional alpine bindings and used Alpine Trekkers, but just got new
skis and wish to put new bindings in them.

I used to huck 20-30 foot cliffs, but those days are rare now. I do
ski hard in every other way still, though.

Just wondering if anyone is using either of these AT bindings and how
they're working for you.

I still ski past or above stuff where I could get killed if my binding
ever slipping into Touring mode. I understand that the Naxos have an
extra mechanism which prevents that. Also they can go to slightly
higher DIN. (I'm 6'2".)

I'm thinking Naxo. But before I purchase, I'll see if anyone here can
give me advice.

For grins, here is a link from my trip to Whistler about 4 weeks ago.
Really windy hike up to DOA. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8MxxGpM8pI

Cheers!

Chris

I bought Fritchis, hoping to lure my son into some backcountry sliding
(he boards, I offered to get him snowshoes), but alas, all I get to do
is downhill at Kirkwood (so far).

After 3 years, on Head im75s, I report zero problems with consistent
downhill abuse (though I am not a daredevil, I use them on most
terrain). No breaks, unwanted releases, or slips into xc mode. From
ice to chest-deep powder, and MANY falls!

YMMV.

Dan