Old December 27th 05, 04:55 AM

I have used and repaired woods for many years -- it's hard to beat a good
pair of woods on a very cold day for glide. I use Spar varnish or Varathane
or similar product. Be sure to clean the area well to clean off any wax,
etc; then lightly sand the area to be coated. I use a small brush or even a
cue tip to apply the finish to a cut or small damaged area. A second or even
third coat is a good idea. This is simple wooden ski maintenance which will
protect the ski and help it last longer.

Good luck.
Ron
"George Cleveland" wrote in message
Just found an old set of woodies at a resale shop. The bases are in
fairly good shape. The tops have the finish scraped/worn off in a few
spots. Does anyone know what was normally used on the tops of wood
skis?

g.c.