Old December 12th 03, 06:02 PM
Jason Watkins

Default North Face Jackets - cleaning & restoring waterproofing??

at first it was very water proof. water beaded up and fell off. great.
but the first time i cleaned it, it lost all the beading and isn't quite so
waterproof anymore.

Wash it again with the nikwax wash in waterproofing. It's strange that
the water repellant came out in one wash. Soap can't break it down,
and I've found washing usually helps the repellant, I assume by
getting gunk out of the fabric or by redistributing the repellant on
the fibers.

Despite doubt because of how much it's marketed and hyped, I've found
nikwax to work very well, far better than arasol spray on "scotchgard"
style stuff.