Old December 16th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america
CBJack

Default Colorado

Bunter wrote:
A friend and I from the UK visited Salt Lake City last year, skiing Powder
Mountain, Snow Basin, Park City, Deer Valley, The Canyons and Alta and
Snowbird we had a great trip and particularly liked Alta/Snowbird. This year
we are looking to do a similar sort of trip from Denver. Does anyone have
any advice for skiing a 10 day trip in this area? We are looking at
Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, (perhaps A-Basin),Vail, Beaver Creek, Aspen
and Snowmass - does anyone have any advice on best places/bases to stay to
cover the above?

MTIA Steve

You can stay in one place in Summit County, such as a chain motel, and
ski Copper, Breck, Keystone, and A-Basin on successive days, unless the
first one you try is so good you don't want to change areas. Vail and
Beaver Creek are not so far from Eagle that you can't stay there, again
in a chain motel (Best Western, etc.) and ski either one of them. For
Aspen, Snowmass, Highlands try Glenwood Springs for lodging. Lotsa
motels and a great Hot Springs Resort and Pool. Good skiing, lower
cost lodging.
Jack