Old January 3rd 06, 12:46 PM

"Mike M. Miskulin" wrote in message
While pondering the Universe, (ttalb)
wrote SFbuf.673530$_o.563828@attbi_s71:

white build up? I've seen crud and mud and tar.. but white?
Not sure I would be using the scotchbrite every day as its more to
open up the base immediately after waxing.

But no wax lasts long in the slush - the warm weather/hi fluro stuff is
all soft and comes off quick. I dont know that the time savings would
be that great just doing the edges.. a typical base is about 25 cm wide
and you figure you are doing 5cm on each side already and the warm
weather stuff scrapes off easy.

The white build up "sticks" to the board and I have to hit it with the
Scotchbrite pad to remove it, and it takes some elbow grease. I assumed it
was from the snow as where we go around here is 100% manmade and is drawn
from a stream and wells (
www.paolipeaks.com). With only a 300 foot vertical
flats are inevitable and you have to glide across them to get to anything
with any angle to speak of. But hey, a day on the snow anywhere beats none
at all.